Saturday, July 14, 2012

Which Direction To Go?

Mobile iPhone Gaming Article 3

Hello and welcome back to my series of articles concerning a beginners approach to programming for the iPhone. In this article I will discuss Apple's way to write app software. App software is what you would call the app programming process. Since I don't have an Apple computer YET (hear me Apple!), just give you a rundown of what I've read is their process. Also since their software only runs on their Lion op system on their computer I may have errors about the process. Since currently I'm running a Vista machine, I have found another way to do this. So without further ado here goes my discussion.

First you must have some sort of Apple computer, most likely one of the newest models. Then you need to go to the Apple Developer site. Apple requires you to sign up as a developer if you are going to design and write apps for their system. There is a yearly fee depending on the level you are developing for. Then if you do not have their development software installed, you need to follow the instructions to get this installed.

After all of this you should have Xcode installed along with the software libraries, developer IDE environment. The you need to learn about the IOS SDK. Now the programing is done with objective C, so if you don't know that it's another thing you need to do. If you know C or C++ programming then it won't be as hard to learn the concepts. Of course you need to learn how to use and debug with the IDE, since this is what you use to develop programs and how to do game programming.

The rest of the articles after this one will be on learning how to program using a specialized Basic game programming that is available.

See you then!

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment